INTRODUCTION AND GENERAL TERMS
At Essential Logic Ltd we are committed to protecting your personal information when you are using Essential Logic Ltd services. This Privacy & Cookies Policy relates to our use of any personal information we collect from you through online services including Essential Logic Ltd website, social media or official Essential Logic Ltd content on other websites. It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us by phone, email, in letters and other correspondence and in person. In order to provide you with a full range of Essential Logic services, we sometimes need to collect information about you.
This Privacy & Cookies Policy explains the following:
- what information we may collect about you
- how do we use the information we collect about you
- when we may use your details to contact you
- whether we will share your information with anyone else
- how long we will keep your information for
- how you can control your personal data
Essential Logic Ltd is committed to protecting your personal information. We process all personal data in accordance with applicable legislation regarding the protection of privacy, in particular but not limited to the Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
WHAT INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
When you access, sign up for or use any of the Essential Logic Ltd services, materials or online content, such as newsletters, downloadable documents or contact forms we may receive personal information about you. We only collect information that we know we will genuinely use. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, company or industry sector depending on the activity. By submitting your details, you enable Essential Logic Ltd (and where applicable its contractors) to provide you with the services, materials or online content you select.
We do not process any special category data listed under GDPR legislation
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Essential Logic Ltd will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- the information is required in order to carry out the activities that form part of the operation of our business (e.g. the processing is necessary to perform our contractual obligations towards you).
- to comply with the legal and regulatory obligations that we are subject to, such as keeping records for tax purposes or providing information to a public body or law enforcement agency.
- to provide you with our services and goods and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- to provide you with information about our services, goods or other content;
- to analyse and improve the services offered on Essential Logic Ltd website;
- to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
Where we propose using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
We may store your personal data on a number of third party services including Highrise CRM, Quickbooks Online and Active Collab project management
WHEN WE MAY USE YOUR DETAILS TO CONTACT YOU
Essential Logic Ltd may contact you:
- in relation to any service, material or other content you have contracted Essential Logic Ltd to supply you or enquired about in order to ensure that we can deliver those to you.
- in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about our products or services
- for marketing purposes, or to promote new services, materials or online content where you have agreed to this.
WILL WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH ANYONE ELSE
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in this section.
In general, we will only use your information within Essential Logic Ltd and only share it outside Essential Logic Ltd where you have requested or given your consent or where it is necessary in order to deliver our goods and services.
Essential Logic uses third parties to provide some of the services we supply to our clients including website hosting. All data centres used by Essential Logic Ltd are physically located within the EU.
Sometimes Essential Logic Ltd also uses third parties to provide additional services to our clients. Those can include digital marketing organisations, specialist coding resources, design agencies and SEO experts. We require these third parties to comply strictly with our instructions and require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA FOR
To make sure we meet our legal data protection and privacy obligations, we will only keep your personal information on our system for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set in any relevant contract you hold with Essential Logic Ltd. After that we will either delete it or anonymise it so it cannot be linked back to you.
COOKIES POLICY – INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu
The cookies used on Essential Logic Ltd website have been categorised based on the categories found in the ICC UK Cookie guide. Our website uses the following categories of cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. They don’t gather any information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet.
These cookies collect information about how you use a website, for instance which pages you go to most often, and if you get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve the performance of the website, providing a better user experience.
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced, more personal features. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or sharing information on social networks. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Third party cookies
We sometimes embed content from social media and other third party websites. These may include Vimeo, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn. Pages with this embedded content may present cookies from these websites. Similarly, when you use one of the embedded share buttons on Essential Logic Ltd website, a cookie may be set by the service you have chosen to share content through. These third party cookies may track your use of Essential Logic Ltd website. Essential Logic Ltd does not control the dissemination of these cookies and will not block cookies from those websites. You should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
How can I manage the cookies on this website?
www.allaboutcookies.org or www.aboutcookies.org.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
BROWSING HISTORY AND ANALYTICS
We use a tool called Google Analytics to collect information about use of this site. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit this site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to this site. We use the information we get from Google Analytics only to improve this site. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit this site, rather than your name or other identifying information. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information.
Where the Essential Logic Ltd embeds content from social media and other third party websites, some websites may use Google Analytics to collect data about user behaviour for their own purposes. Essential Logic Ltd does not control this. For more information, see the Google webpage “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps”.
YOUR RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
This Privacy & Cookies Policy may be updated from time to time so you may wish to check it each time you submit personal information to Essential Logic Ltd. The date of the most recent revisions will appear on this page. If you do not agree to these changes, please do not continue to use Essential Logic Ltd website to submit personal information to Essential Logic Ltd. If material changes are made to this Privacy & Cookies Policy, we will notify you by placing a prominent notice on the website.
CONTACTING US ABOUT THIS POLICY
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy & Cookies Policy, please contact:
Essential Logic Ltd
Studios 419-420, The Greenhouse
The Custard Factory
Birmingham B9 4DP
t: 0121 224 7870
Last updated: May 2018